Sunday, November 23, 2008

Taking It Easy

I haven't been on my road bike since Iron Star. That makes two weeks, is that bad? No desire yet to get back on it. Maybe after Thanksgiving. I have been on my mountain bike though and really enjoyed that. Have still been swimming and running with no pressure of course. Have been running with my wife and some friends who are doing the Baton Rouge Beach Marathon in a couple of weeks. Been taking it easy with them and just enjoying running.

I am so proud of my wife, she ran 11.5 on Friday. Her last long run before the Half Marathon. She ran with two of her friends for the first half and then I met her with the kids and I pushed the kids along while running to keep her company for the last 5 miles. It was fun. Of course, she has taken over the Garmin and is addicted. I may have to find her one for Christmas. Don't know if we can keep sharing the one we've got.

Going to do the Turkey Trot 5k on Thursday and then the Reindeer Run 5k the night before Melissa does the half mary. Trying to get a good shave time for the Shave Your 5k Challenge.Would like to go 21:42 for a 7:00 average, but don't think I am going to make it. Just haven't been motivated to do enough speedwork since the race. Definitely didn't have the speed after all the long and 80% heart rate runs I was doing for the Half Iron. See if I can throw down a 6:30 for the first mile and then hold on after that. Didn't work last time...

Think I might do a mountain bike race in a couple of weeks if I can get my bike fixed. Got a loose crank arm that I need to get replaced. We'll see.

No comments: