Friday, April 18, 2008

Racing Lull

After racing for 4 weekends straight, this weekend is time off. Matter of fact, no more races until May 17. That is good for the wallet, but not so good for the training. Seems like my motivation has started to fall a little. Only been hitting the Y twice a week and have only been swimming once a week. Skipped my long runs the last two weekends after racing on Saturday. Time to get my butt in gear on the long runs. I think they helped tremendously for the CCC 10k and a little bit on the Quarter Iron. Helped me to hold the pace at the end of the race (didn't mean for that to be a corny rhyme). Need to get back to doing them, although it is hard to push when I am only doing one sprint tri, Twin Cities, over the next 3 months.

Training recap for the week, pretty unimpressive if I must say so myself. Monday - rested (slacked would be a better description), Tuesday - swam 1400 yds and then did spin class for an hour, Wednesday - slacker again, Thursday - 4 miles total consisting of one mile warmup, 3 1/2 mile repeats at 6:44 pace with 1/4 mile recoveries and then 0.75 mile cooldown. I am supposed to run 4 @ 8:55 pace tonight, but we'll see. I'm sure I'll find some excuse. Have a company picnic on Saturday and then a long bike planned for Sunday. Have a good weekend.

No comments: