Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Port-O-Potty

Up until Sunday night, I have always been lucky with not having stomach issues on my long runs and bikes. Only one other time have I had to stop a run to visit the restroom. That time I was only a tenth of a mile from the house, so it was no big deal. Well, Sunday was my night. I started around 9 pm on my 6 mile run. Made it almost as far away from the house as I could be around 3.5 miles into the run and it hit me like a ton of bricks. At that point I was about 1.5 miles from the house, I wasn't going to make it. So then I started running through my options, ditch, someone's front yard, my pants, and none of them sounded appealing. Then I remembered that they were doing construction on a house at the end of a street just off the road I run on and it was only about 1/4 mile away. Construction means a port-o-potty.




Never has a port-o-can looked so inviting. Barely made it, but it was better than the alternative. Hope nobody saw me...Finished my 6 miles at 9:20 pace.

Got to the Y Monday morning for swimming and lifting. Knocked out 2600 in the pool and then met up with The Hornet for some weights. Big Poppa sold out and ended up running at lunch.

This morning was running and spinning. Met BP there at 5, The Hornet was the sell out this morning, for 3 quick miles @ 9:00 pace before spin class. Did the interval spin class for an hour and then back to the dreadmill for 1 mile @ 8:00 pace. Glad that tomorrow is a "rest" day. Have only been getting 6 hours sleep for the past 4 nights and I am beat. Don't tell BP put I think I nodded off at my desk around 3 today. Glad nobody came into my office!! It will be nice to get 8 hours tonight and only have to run 4 miles and swim at lunch.

3 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

HA! I think most of us have had a similar experience! Glad you made it!!!

(although it would have been funny [to us] had you not)

Steve Stenzel said...

...more like twice a day at the same time, and then another 3 random times...

Ryan said...

Have you ever noticed how bad a porta potty smells when you really don't have to go that bad?

But when the crap is about to "crown" and you jump in there, it is kind of like "hmmm, it's not too bad in here"

Until you are done!